The newly-formed Mississippi River Basin Ag & Water Desk is seeking a part-time Assistant Director to help us deepen coverage of underreported stories throughout the basin and increase public awareness of environmental, climate and agricultural issues and how they intersect.
The Assistant Director will help with editing, internal and external communications, training, and content distribution. The Assistant Director will work remotely from a home base and be available to attend in-person trainings at the University of Missouri School of Journalism in Fall 2022 and at the SEJ conferences in Spring 2023 and 2024. The Assistant Director will work closely with the Editorial Director and other members of the team, which consists of 10 reporters in newsrooms throughout the Mississippi River Basin, our Editorial Director and our Executive Director, in addition to five part-time Expert Journalists.
- Assist the Editorial Director with editing and creating content as needed.
- Assist in building the news distribution network, organizing content and sharing it with the network.
- Assist in writing reports, newsletters and press releases and managing social media accounts.
- Assist with training journalists and communicating with partners.
- Fill in for the Editorial Director occasionally.
- Other duties as assigned.
Part-time staff position at University of Missouri School of Journalism
Remote within Mississippi River Basin
Compensation: $25-45 an hour depending on qualifications
To apply for this job, go to https://hrs.missouri.edu/find-a-job/staff, under Staff Jobs select either current or prospective employee, and enter Job ID number 40808 in the search bar.
For more on qualifications, benefits, diversity commitments, and how to apply, visit https://bit.ly/37j6LJF